iPad Ipad air Speakers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattg3, Nov 21, 2013.

1. mattg3 macrumors 6502

When will Apple get the speaker placement right.Love the Air but hate speaker placement. I know there is not much room to work with but I also wish they would try some different kinds of speakers for the Air

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

It is what it is. Apple keeps making it thinner and lighter so speakers and their placement will always be restricted. My Air's speakers seem quite good.:rolleyes:

3. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Then never pick up a Kindle Fire HD or HDX ;)

Seriously - I love my iPad Air (as I loved the Mini, 3, 2, and original iPad before it) ... but the speakers are NOT one of the reasons. Low volume, crappy low-frequency response, one-sided orientation, and so on.

Note that it isn't something Apple is touting - and also how the 'thin & light' 7" Kindle Fire HDX is nearly as heavy as the 9.7" Air ... different products for different needs.

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

"different products for different needs" and the choice is your to make.

5. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

Speakers seem fine, but wish it was on the top instead of bottom.

6. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Absolutely - my point was to inform, because informed decisions are best.

Personally I have a great external Bluetooth speaker (iLoud from IK Multimedia) that I use ... so internal speakers are meaningless.

And I would bet that was what Apple thought - are we going to mess with the physical design when most everyone is either fine with the speakers or planning to use external speakers anyway?