• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

mattg3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
ma.
When will Apple get the speaker placement right.Love the Air but hate speaker placement. I know there is not much room to work with but I also wish they would try some different kinds of speakers for the Air

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
When will Apple get the speaker placement right.Love the Air but hate speaker placement. I know there is not much room to work with but I also wish they would try some different kinds of speakers for the Air

It is what it is. Apple keeps making it thinner and lighter so speakers and their placement will always be restricted. My Air's speakers seem quite good.:rolleyes:

Comment

txa1265

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
It is what it is. Apple keeps making it thinner and lighter so speakers and their placement will always be restricted. My Air's speakers seem quite good.:rolleyes:

Then never pick up a Kindle Fire HD or HDX ;)

Seriously - I love my iPad Air (as I loved the Mini, 3, 2, and original iPad before it) ... but the speakers are NOT one of the reasons. Low volume, crappy low-frequency response, one-sided orientation, and so on.

Note that it isn't something Apple is touting - and also how the 'thin & light' 7" Kindle Fire HDX is nearly as heavy as the 9.7" Air ... different products for different needs.

Comment

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Then never pick up a Kindle Fire HD or HDX ;)

Seriously - I love my iPad Air (as I loved the Mini, 3, 2, and original iPad before it) ... but the speakers are NOT one of the reasons. Low volume, crappy low-frequency response, one-sided orientation, and so on.

Note that it isn't something Apple is touting - and also how the 'thin & light' 7" Kindle Fire HDX is nearly as heavy as the 9.7" Air ... different products for different needs.

"different products for different needs" and the choice is your to make.

Comment

txa1265

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
"different products for different needs" and the choice is your to make.

Absolutely - my point was to inform, because informed decisions are best.

Personally I have a great external Bluetooth speaker (iLoud from IK Multimedia) that I use ... so internal speakers are meaningless.

And I would bet that was what Apple thought - are we going to mess with the physical design when most everyone is either fine with the speakers or planning to use external speakers anyway?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.