iPad iPad Air Subsidy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adammgaines, Nov 10, 2013.

1. adammgaines macrumors member

My wife already has a iPad mini cellular with ATT so I was going to get an iPad Air cellular with ATT.

I am wanting to buy it at Target because you can save 5% with a red card or at Best Buy to have 18 months no interest.

Do stores other than ATT offer the iPad Air subsidized with them?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You can get the occasional discount like at Target, aling with some trade-in deals, but currently, there are no carrier subsidies for the iPad. Maybe after Thanksgiving? But historically, it's not happened.

On the other hand, you could go with AT&T Next or similar financing options with carriers, and basically add payments to your data plan. It's not a subsidy, but more like credit to finance the purcahse of the iPad.

3. adammgaines thread starter macrumors member

This is currently on the ATT site. So $100 if you sign a contract. But can you get this through Best Buy or Target? Has anyone tried?

Attached Files:

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Nobody "subsidizes" the Ipad, that I know about.

You buy the ipad full price. You then decide if you want to use a carrier, fulltime, partime or rarely at all. Or never if WIFI.

5. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Yes, if you buy a cellular model at Target and bring it into an AT&T company store, add it to your mobile share plan with a two year commitment, they will give you a $100 bill credit.

6. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove