iPad air suddenly appears a black screen with apple logo

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zentech, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Zentech macrumors newbie

Dear all,
    Just bought an iPad air 128. After a couple days suddenly appears a black screen with the Apple Logo. Yes, The same that appears when the ipad restart.
    To' keep working I have to press the home button.

Open a discussion with tech people at Apple and, after few days, they decided to change my iPad with a brand new.

Now this happen again with my new iPad.

Did anyone know this issue?
    Should I be worried about it?

Thanks
    Marco

Attached Files:

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iOS 7 on the A7 chip is a bit buggy. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens frequently enough that it interferes with you using your iPad.

3. rritterson macrumors 6502

In all apps, or in just some apps?

Typically, the apple logo appears when the core OS process crashes and restarts.

4. Zentech thread starter macrumors newbie

Not yet able to tell if can interfere or not. Actually happenend only 3 or 4 times in the last 10 days. Let's see.

Thanks
    Marco

5. Zentech thread starter macrumors newbie

OS process crashes

Not yet able to identify with which app/s happen. I only remember that there were 5 or 6 apps open. I'll monitor which and how many apps are open.

But is not nice that a brand new system crashes. The previous iPad Air was 10 days old and tech people at the genius bar ( and aso Apple Support Center by phone ) suggest me to return it - I'm within the 15 days policy - and get a new one.

I did it and have the same problem.

UPDATE - I found another person, here in Milano, that has the same problem.

Wait and see or return it again?

Thanks
    Marco

6. oo00oo macrumors newbie

SAME PROBLEM HERE - Ipad Air 128G Wifi

This morning my ipad is blocked on Black screen, get white apple logo and then for 4-5 minutes the small circle that indicates booting, then a brief flash of a blue screen then black the back to Black, the apple etc etc. repeats and repeats. Cannot work on it via itunes as I am told the ipad is locked with a pass word. TOTAL PAIN IN THE A!! Any help out there???

7. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

You should contact Apple for that problem. This seems beyond the spectrum of normal issues.

8. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

I have had this happen on my iPhone 5 with ios7.

9. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I had the same problem. After lots of grief with Apple I got a new one. Since Monday I have not have the problem happen again. The new one still quits applications, but not a frequent as the new replacement.

10. vinayacs macrumors newbie

11. vinayacs macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. When using facetime it happened. I will contact apple and see if they will address this issue.