iPad iPad Air that keeps locking itself

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheSwede, Nov 24, 2013.

1. TheSwede macrumors regular

Mi Air locked itself randomly, very annoying if you have a passcode.. Went online and found old threads referring to the lock/unlock with a cover feature. The random locking only occure when using a cover in the "open" position, flipped to the back of the device. I turned "lock/unlock" feature off and the issue went away. I guess the magnets in the Air smartcover are really strong, i never had this problem with my iPad 4.

Are other Air owners using smartcover experiencing the same issues or is my iPad Air super ultra mega sensitive? :)

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Maybe you have a defective iPad or Smart Cover. I don't have that problem.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Seems easy to troubleshoot. Use the iPad w/o the case. If iPad doesn't lock in the typical time you've been experiencing voila! Defective case. Exchange for new. If the issue persists exchange the Air for a new one.

4. TheSwede thread starter macrumors regular

Without the smartcover everything is fine, but it still leaves me thinking - is it my iPad Air that is too sensitive or is something wrong with my particular smartcover? I guess the only way to find out is to exchange the cover for another one. It should be very unlikely I get two defective smartcovers..

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It could be either but likely the cover w/ magnets too strong. I agree high odds to get two bad covers so that should clear up the mystery either way.

6. TheSwede thread starter macrumors regular

I'll get the cover replaced tomorrow and let you guys know.

7. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Take of the Smart Case/Cover and see if it continues.

8. TheSwede thread starter macrumors regular

seems as it was the iPad that was faulty and not the cover. I had both replaced though. This issue is not happening with the replacement, however the screen of the new iPad Air is not as nice as the one had..

I exchanged one issue for another :) C'est la vie...

9. Barhen macrumors member

Return it and get another iPad. You have every right to be satisfied with your purchases.