iPad Air Very Slow Loading Websites in WiFi

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WestCoastUser83, Nov 2, 2013.

1. WestCoastUser83 macrumors newbie

I picked up my new iPad Air yesterday and it really seems to be slower or having more trouble loading websites and pages than my old iPad 3.

I checked my connection speeds on the iPad Air with speadtest and they seem reasonable; Ping-34, Dwnload-24.25 Mbps, Upload-4.73 Mbps.

This compares to my last iPad 3 speedtest; Ping-19, Dwnload-27.09 Mbps, Upload-5.36 Mbps.

I contacted Apple Care, and they had me reset my network connections in the iPad Air, which helped a bit, but it is still very very slow loading websites/pages. Actually to the point where I click into the address bar and hit "go" to try and force it to load.

Once in a website, I do not have any issues playing embedded videos from the website. Also, using the movie "trailer" app, the videos, even in High Def, run fine and smoothly. No delays or freezing.

My iMac also uses the same WiFi "Airport" and router to connect and it zips along loading webpages and websites. So this seems like an issue within the iPad Air and maybe Safari.

Have any others noticed load time issues?

2. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

We'll...... My Mini seemed slower at times since iOS 7, and my Air has been slow sometimes, and not slow other times. Before responding, I tried opening The Verge, and it was instant. It took a few seconds last night, with the same amount of tabs and apps in the background. My 4-yr-old $40 Netgear router has 3 phones, two tablets, and two laptops connected to it, so that might be part of the problem.

3. zone23 macrumors 68000

Wondering if you saw the thread that talked about how fast it was. Mine (iPad Air) is pretty quick. I have a Time Capsule as a router and a Airport Extreme connected as an extender.

4. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

5. WestCoastUser83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Restore Worked

I did a full restore via my iMac and iTunes. That fixed the slow loading. Thanks.