iPad iPad Air - Volume Up and Lock Button loose

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stinkytick, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Stinkytick, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

Stinkytick macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I bought my iPad Air last monday, and as it is my first iPad I have some doubts concerning the buttons.

So I've used my iPad within a case from Monday to Friday, but as the case was really bad overall I decided to trade it back. However, as I started using the iPad without the case, noticed that the my lock button and volume up (mainly) are a bit loose. Nothing to really worry about, however it is noticeably enough so that if I flick my finger over the volume up, it makes a distinct sound. The lock button, isn't as bad, but is noticeable enough for it to sway a little from left to right.

So now I'm facing a though decision: Should I try to trade it or should I keep it as my screen is really good and I've read some reports of strange yellow and greenish tints in some units.

What should I do? Is it normal on the iPads? I'm only worried about it because I've had some problems in the past with my lock button popping off on my iPhone 3 from extended usage.

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I think you should keep it because the screen is good and the buttons aren't very loose. I very much doubt the buttons will come off.

3. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

My lock button also seems slightly loose just as you described. I don't think it will pop off though. I wouldn't bother returning it since everything else is fine and it's not causing any problems.

4. Stinkytick thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I guess I'll probably keep it. Any idea if in the future I have problems regarding these buttons, they will be covered by warranty?

5. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Every Apple product I've ever touched has had buttons that wiggle slightly. No big deal.

6. jateelover macrumors member

7. Macalway macrumors 68000

If you think something's wrong you need to find another one and compare

Shouldn't be that hard

8. martin3783 macrumors newbie

I noticed the problem with the loose button yesterday evening as well, albeit just on the Volume Up button. But the resulting sound is really annoying, especially in a quiet environment. Sounds like the loose SIM card slot on some old iPhones.

I'm considering getting a replacement.

Other than that though, this is one great iPad.