All iPads iPad air vs iPad 4 + mini 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lya, Oct 23, 2013.

?

Best choice ?

1. iPad Air

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. iPad 4 + Mini 2

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. Lya macrumors member

Hi!
    So here are my options (I'm not planning on selling my iPad 4) :
    -Keep my iPad, buy a mini 2 and use both
    -Give away my iPad 4, buy the iPad air
    I would appreciate the convenience of having only one iPad, but going with both and being able to use whichever one suits my needs anytime would also be great.
    What would you guys do ?

2. tann macrumors 68000

I voted iPad Air because even though you say you might like using both depending on your use case I think if you got the mini, the mega reduction in weight vs the iPad 4 would make you never touch the 4 again.

So I'd just get the Air as I've read/heard it's just worlds better than the iPad 3/4 because of the massive reduction in weight/size.

3. Euqitcratna macrumors newbie

I would get the retina mini along with the gold, since you're not going to sell your 4 anyway. The Air is still heavier and bigger than the Mini, it's just not the same. If you don't get a mini, I'm sure someday you will wish you had, even though iPad Air is very good.

4. Lya thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to get the iPad air... But not so long ago, everyone was saying that the iPad mini was way better... Will I be able to carry an iPad air with me everywhere ? Like, in a doctor's waiting room, wouldn't it be weird to use a big iPad ? (I have health problems and spend a fair amount of time there)

5. Lya thread starter macrumors member

Bump, now both are out
    Went to play with them and I still can't make up my mind. Reading on the mini isn't as comfortable, but the Air is still quite heavy

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Its like your iPad 4, but lighter. Did you have a problem using your 4 while you're out and about. If you order online, you have two months to decide if its right for you.

7. Robster3 macrumors 68000

And you needed a poll for that? If you are that undecided buy both send back the one you don't want. :eek:

8. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

We use iPad 3/4's at doctor's waiting rooms whenever we have a doctor's appointment. Fits easily in the messenger bag. The iPad Air is even lighter and thinner so no reason you couldn't do the same.