iPad Ipad air vs Ipad mini retina

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aleb110, Nov 1, 2013.

1. aleb110 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm Alessandra. I'm thinking on buying my first tablet but I can't decide between the ipad air vs. ipad mini 2. I must say that I have a macbook pro 13 inches (early 2011) so it's fairly heavy compared to the new ones. Also since updating to Maverick my battery drains like crazy, I still would not replace my macbook pro with anything in the world (it costed a lot!). so I was thinking and ipad was great to take traveling (I do that a lot) to browse the web, watch movies and read magazines (I live in Italy so I'm planning on doing magazine subscriptions on english magazines so I can practice my english more). I'd also love to read comics but I'm not an avid fan of comics. I have a kindle so I won't be reading much on the ipad. I was thinking the 32GB model was the one for me.
    What do you suggest? I think they are both great and I can't really decide.
    Thank you in advance!

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Do a clean install of Mavericks. Format your hard drive and then install Mavericks, don't do it from backup. This will help performance, and perhaps your battery. Mavericks was designed to improve battery life.

3. aleb110 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I'll do that. Seems though I'm not the only one with that problema on the apple support forum.

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Hi, Alessandra - welcome to MacRumors! :)

For your needs, I would suggest a 32GB iPad Air model (or an iPad Mini if you prefer a smaller device). The only difference between the iPad Air and iPad Mini is the size of the screen (I believe the Air has an additional microphone, but that doesn't matter much). If you'd like to watch and store multiple moves on your new iPad along with multiple magazines, the 32GB will be perfect. 16GB could work if you're okay with deleting older content to replace it with newer content.

At the end of the day, it's up to you and how much money you want to spend.

I hope this helped! :)

5. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I'd suggest the Air as well. The size depends on how many apps and movies you want to store. With the Air belting as thin and light as the mini, for me it's THE tablet to have. I'm sure the retina mini will be nice, but since I spend a lot of time on tablets I don't really want a small one.