All iPads iPad Air vs iPad mini with retina?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cyborg21, Oct 30, 2013.

?

Which iPad to buy?

1. iPad Air

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. iPad mini with retina

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. iPad mini

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. iPad 4 or earlier

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

I will get an iMac (YAY!!!! :D ) next year (ugh... :( ). And I need something portable and sync with my Mac, so I decided to buy an iPad but I'm not sure which iPad to buy. iPad air looks really awesome, it has a bigger screen better benchmark scores but iPad mini is more portable and cheap. But only difference is 100 $ so which one is better? iPad air or iPad mini 2? I will collect some money and buy it in June. Beacuse I live in Turkey and in Turkey there is no Apple Store so we have to buy Apple stuff from carriers. Carriers overprice every Apple product (especially iPad and iPhone). 16 gb iPhone 5 is 2800 Turkish liras (1400 US $), iPad 4 is 2500 Turkish liras (1250 US $) So buying iDevices from Turkey is not so logical. I will go to England and Scothland this summer so I will buy iPad from Apple Store. That means I have to wait until June :( . Which is better? Please vote. Sorry for my bad english.

2. Night Spring, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think between the iPad Air and mini2, it's impossible to say which is better. It's just totally personal preference as to which screen size you like. It's like how a green dress is not better than a red one. You just pick the color YOU like.

And if you are waiting until June and saving money to get one, I'd just go for the best models avaiable, and wouldn't even consider the iPad 4 or the original mini.

3. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

You are going to the UK in June?? That's like 8 months away, you have plenty of time to read reviews, watch YouTube videos and even tide past the mythical March expectations before you get to buy your iPad. So, wait until apple actually releases the iPad mini 2 and then people have had time to use both the products. You seem to be in no rush.