iPad Air w/iOS 10 - Unresponsive.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Redpoint, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Redpoint macrumors newbie

Redpoint

After updating to iOS 10 on my iPad Air, all seemed fine. Then I noticed some random strangeness, blue screen crashes (BSoD) etc. I've tried to restore and revert back to iOS 9, but even the iTunes restore process crashes. Most of the time, I can't even access the iPad now or turn it on. In simple terms: when I try to restore via iTunes, the iPad's screen turns blue and the whole process stalls. I've tried this 5-6 times. Of course, my AppleCare just ended and I live about 5 hours from the nearest Apple Store. Any suggestions? Gah!

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

I would try to restore from a different computer next.

3. Redpoint thread starter macrumors newbie

Redpoint

Thank you, I do have one other Mac. The issue now is that it's completely black/unresponsive now. I've 'charged' it, I've tried every way of restoring it. If I plug it in to a Mac - nothing happens. This iPad has had an easy life, I basically use it for reading at night. I'm a bit shocked really. My only chance is to take it to an Apple Store which won't happen for a while.

4. ericwn macrumors 65816

Maybe it is frozen doing something. Have you tried the two-button-reset to force it to restart (hold home button and power button until iPad shows Apple logo)? If you cannot get it going/ be recognised afterwards I'd also contact Apple. Best success anyway!

5. Redpoint thread starter macrumors newbie

Redpoint

Yes, unfortunately, the two-button reset isn't yielding any results - just black. Booo. This is the third Apple product to tank on me this year: 2015 MacBook pro (logic board), iPad Air, and a 2012 17" MacBook Pro (graphics card). Not impressed.