iPad iPad Air wallpaper jittery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Nov 13, 2013.

1. xkmxkmxlmx, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013

xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Every time I turn my Air on, my wallpaper jitters around the screen for a second or two. It isn't a *huge* deal, but it is annoying and I am more worried that something is wrong with the accelerometer.

Does anyone have a similar issue? I can try to take some video of it later when I get home.

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

3. klover macrumors 6502a

Settings - General - Accessibility - Reduce Motion

4. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Unfortunately reducing motion turns off other features that I like. Not to mention, makes your wallpaper look even worse. Use an Apple stock wallpaper with motion reduced and see what happens.

But neither of you answered my question. I am more concerned about my accelerometer possibly being messed up.

5. glhaynes macrumors member

I don't think there's anything wrong with your accelerometer. My iPhone 5s and iPad Air both do that and the iPhone 5 I used to have did it too. They also do it when coming back to the Home screen from an app.

My guess is that it's still using the old accelerometer data from before the device was turned off or the Home button was pressed.

It really harms the illusion for me, makes it feel like a "computery" trick. I hope they either can find a way around it or let us turn off just the parallax without reducing all other motion.

6. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

That's weird. My 4s and now my 5s did not display this issue at all. I have been trying to recreate it all day on my phone.