Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2mikey

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
OK, help me out here. Did they do anything with this latest update to take care of the zooming and aspect ratio problem with wallpapers for the iPad? Every time I select a photo for use as a wallpaper it ends up overly zoomed, cropped, whatever. Very annoying. I just want it it to be a WYSIWYG type of thing. The scale and zoom doesn't really help either.

Any ideas? :mad:

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
When you go set an image as a wallpaper on the iPad, ii the lower right hand corner it will say Prospective Zoom, set that to off and you will be able to use the image as it normally is with out it being zoomed in. All of this is on iOS 7.1 so if you haven't updated I would recommend you do so.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
On my Air it doesn't say perspective or prospective zoom. It says cancel, set lock screen, set home screen, set both. Even after updating. Broke down and bought the Wallax app (99¢) and that allows me to pinch my photos down to where they fit and save them that way in the folder the app creats in photos .

s2mikey

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Thanks gents, I have updated my device to 7.1 as of yesterday.

I messed with the perspective/zoom thing but it didn't seem to do much. The photos still seem cropped and or zoomed in. I'll take a deeper look and possibly look at an app to help. I don't mind $.99 cents for a good wallpaper app. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.