iPad iPad Air Weak Speakers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by looking4anotebo, Nov 30, 2013.

1. looking4anotebo macrumors 6502

I've heard nothing but good things about the speakers on the Air and I just got one (my first Ipad) and at max volume it's the same as my android htc smartphone. Not impressive, tiny sounding. And absolutely no shaking or vibrating like I've heard other people mention.

Defective?

2. richardmu macrumors 6502a

They sound pretty rubbish to me as well. Not a patch on my Kindle Fire HD.

However, can't say I use them very often so not too bothered.

3. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

AntnyMikal

Mine are pretty good, I actually had a Rmini too for a few days and the one thing that bugged me about it was the weak speakers. Air speakers seem leaps and bounds better, louder, fuller and more crisp.

They are better than what I expected, pretty good considering the size and weight of the Air. When I want something loud I just use airplay Apple TV to my surround system.

4. jacobss macrumors 6502

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Having sent an iPad 3 back for that same reason, this time I went to the Apple store and tested the speakers out. Low and behold, they were weak as you mentioned so I didn't make a purchase. Wish Apple would direct the speakers towards the user and increase the sound a bit more. I know, we can use headphones but whats the speakers for than ? :confused:

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Hmmmm, I feel the speakers on the Air work better than the older versions of the iPad. They are still nothing to marvel at though. They work in a quiet environment and situations like that but don't expect much more.