Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bad1550

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
My iPad Air recently loses connection with my wifi. It only works again when I reboot iPad.

Is this a Router issue or an IOS 8 issue?

Any help would be appreciated

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
My iPad Air recently loses connection with my wifi. It only works again when I reboot iPad.

Is this a Router issue or an IOS 8 issue?

Any help would be appreciated

Seems to be an ios8 issue. Same problem here. As a possible temporary workaround, try switching your router to 2.4Ghz instead of 5G.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Just in case people haven't tried this yet, do a Reset Network Settings and see what happens. This has helped people with connectivity issues before. You'll have to re enter credentials and all that but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Can't hurt.

Blueinternet42

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
Somewhere
I tried that - the solution (for now) apparently appears to be either use 2.4GHz on the router, or if on 5GHz switch to a higher channel -

I did that and the iPad is now OK - however last night the Macbook Pro kept dropping out :roll eyes: - keeping my eye on it!:D

theBostonian

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
I can no longer wirelessly sync with my iTunes since iOS 8. iPhone 5 works but my Air seems to struggle; a reboot helps but it's not very ideal.

I've reset network settings and disabled handoff but to no avail.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
i too lose connection to my Airport Extreme on my Air. All the other devices connected to the same router have no issues what-so-ever. I'm assuming this is an iOS 8 issue.

bridgesldn

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
London
Same problem here!

First started with iOS8, I took the iPad back down to 7.1.2 but the problem still persisted! Now back to 8.0.2 with same issue. Not really sure where to go next with this, hoping a future update sorts it!

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I've got this as well on iOS 8. Seems to work alright if I turn off wifi, then turn it back on, but it will eventually disconnect or stop loading again.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I don't usually complain about iOS 8 or any iOS for that matter. But this upgrade for me personally has been the worst. I constantly drop Wi-Fi signal and the only way to get it back is either reboot or turn Wi-Fi on and off. It's getting so frustrating that more often than not I start reaching for my MacBook.

Edit: how do you change the channel with AirPort Extreme to something higher?

Blueinternet42

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
Somewhere
I don't usually complain about iOS 8 or any iOS for that matter. But this upgrade for me personally has been the worst. I constantly drop Wi-Fi signal and the only way to get it back is either reboot or turn Wi-Fi on and off. It's getting so frustrating that more often than not I start reaching for my MacBook.

Edit: how do you change the channel with AirPort Extreme to something higher?

If you can't change the channel drop back to 2.4GHz for now..... that also fixes the issue.

marioguarneros

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Same here, iPad air keeps disconnecting from Wifi. I can try to adjust the channels and all that at home in my Extreme base station but right now I'm in a hotel and it keeps disconnecting me.

Needless to say it is extremely annoying. I hope they patch this soon.

milezone

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
Sent my in for replacement, 2nd one does the same thing. Senior Tech at Apple tells me there is no issues that they are aware of, and my best bet is to return for refund as they have no "fixes or changes" as they are not aware of any problems.

So thinking mine is going back, will stick with my ipad 3, maybe it is time to try those galaxy or nexon tabs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.