iPad iPad air with 7.0.3 stutter after pressing home button

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NovemberWhiskey, Nov 1, 2013.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Does anyone get stutter when going home (either pressing the button or using the 4-finger pinch) to go home when in an app.

It is the animation that is choppy.

Maximizing and minimizing windows (opening/closing apps) also seems to be choppy.

Is this software or hardware?

2. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Software, iOS 7 still isn't as optimized as it *should* be. These graphical inconsistencies also exist on the iPhone 5s and all other iOS devices that support the operating system.

3. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

There is some stuttering and dropped frames present on all devices running iOS 7 (especially when keyboard is on, for ex. Rotation is jerky etc.). It's the only thing which is a bit worse than on iOS 6, but it's far from terrible. There is plenty of optimization left to do iOS 7. Things should be much better as more and more updates arrive.

4. Emiz55 macrumors newbie

5. techiebug macrumors 6502a

6. hobx macrumors regular

I was having this, it started all of a sudden so I rebooted which resolved the issue.

7. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

i'm still a firm believer that iOS 5.1.1 was the best and most stable iOS ever and with the most features. iOS 6 early releases were a disaster...remember the weather app didn't even work? lol. how the hell could apple release an iOS without testing out the stock apps?

i love iOS 5.1.1 i've kept my iPad 3 on that. some app updates require iOS 6. oh well, i'll just continue to use the old version of TED which doesn't mean it restricts content...it just means i have an old interface.

i look at everyone i know who put iOS 7 on their A5 devices, and it has been an epic disaster for them.