iPad iPad Air with constant crash using Safari!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TOOFY, Nov 21, 2013.

1. TOOFY macrumors regular

Holy crap I have never seen so many damn crashes before using an apple product. If i try to visit a website it will crash.. i try it again, it will crash. If i go to a different website, it will crash. Honestly i want to say that this thing crashes about 10 times a day. When i say a day, i mean between the hours of 5pm to 11pm. This is when im using it after work in my home.

So frustrating!

2. Count Blah, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Exchange it. Lots of reports here of people have vastly different safari crash experiences wih different units. Plus, exchanging or returning it wih an explanation that the Safari experience is horrid, is the only way apple will ever pay attention to the problem. If it costs them $$, they finally pay attention. If it's only a small % complaining, they try their best to avoid fixing known problems - plenty of examples of this, both with and without Steve.

3. cmjars macrumors 6502

I replaced mine and I haven't had a safari crash since. I know I am going to get flamed by someone insisting it's software in my case I believe it was a problem with hardware.

4. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I am reading enough posts like yours, to lead me to believe that there is something to do with some unit's hardware. The great increases in crashes in safari, and other apps on my ipad2 since "upgrading" to iOS7, also tells me that iOS7 is also to blame in many cases.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I have had a few [ but none on Chrome thus far.. ] crashes on Safari, but I'm gonna wait a bit to see if this is a software issue which is fixed sooner than later. I got a good screen and don't wanna start playing panel lotto again! :rolleyes:

If it isn't fixed via software, or is deemed to be a faulty hardware problem [ bad RAM for one.. ] I'll get it exchanged at Apple, and hopefully get one that doesn't have the dreaded screen issues !

6. double329 macrumors 6502

I got my Air second day after released. The first few weeks, I had many crashes. I have not seen any crashes days before update and seems to be better. As the matter of fact, I couldn't make the dawn thing to crash any more.

7. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I exchanged my first Air as it crashed a couple of times in safari and within an hour of using the replacement it crashed again.
    However, since then, it has been perfect over the last couple of weeks with no crashes even when having 4 or 5 tabs open