Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maiden666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Hello
Yesterday while just browsing on my ipad air it suddenely just switched itself off and went into the black screen which shows a lightning cable pointing to a itunes logo.
I hooked the ipad upto itunes and what seemed to take ages for it to respond it went through the extracting software bit,then went to the waiting for ipad.
After quite a while itunes came up with cannot restore this ipad error 4013.
I tried everything apple says to do,use another usb,turn my imac off again,make sure my imac and itunes are updated,but the same thing happened saying it cannot restore.
Only thing i have'nt tried is to try it again on another computer,not sure that will work though.
Has anyone else come across this,the ipad is only 9 months old,would apple help if i took it to a store,or is there anything else i can do?

many thanks
Ian

maiden666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for that.
I did try it a few times without much success.
I read a few other things on the net about it,one was put the iPad in a freezer for round 30 mins and try again.
I thought what the hell,I put it in the freezer then tried the DFU way again and it restored itself straight away with a back up from two weeks ago.
Result,not sure what the freezer does apart from make the iPad very cold but it worked,seems it worked for a few other has well.
Did this all come about from a update for the iPad which went wrong from Apple?

Ian

maiden666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Typical,just as everything seemed okay after the restore the ipad just switched itself off again after about a hour and went back into the frozen screen page.
I'll try again tonight but i think i'll be taking it into one of the Apple warranty repair shops where i live.
Don't think it should be doing this again after a restore.

Ian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.