iPad iPad Air wont show "time since last charge"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harleymhs, Dec 15, 2013.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Hey Guys, I have 2 ipads ( ipad air & rmini ) both do NOT show time since last full charge ! Strange.. We also have 2 new iphones ( 5s ) and they show fine! Is this a known issue with ipads not showing the TIME SINCE LAST FULL CHARGE? Any help would be helpful! Thanks !!!!

2. Dput1930 macrumors newbie

Ipad sir won't show"times since last charge"

If you reset your ipad or it restarts for any reason it will clear "time since last charge "

3. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

I didnt clear or reset the ipad.. I called APPLE and they had NO idea why 2 different ipads do not show the times! So after searching and trying different things this is what I found out:

IPAD must BE ON when charging an it must go to 100 % then after its un plugged the timers start! If you charge them OFF they counter will not SHOW the times! APPLE didnt know this??? Now they both show the times.

4. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Makes sense. I guess the real question is why do you turn yours off? :)

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

My guess is it didn't occur to them that anyone would power off their iPads when charging. Can't say I blame Apple support representatives (they are people after all, not "APPLE") on that one. Not many here would ever guess you might be doing what you're doing.

Definitely curious why you do this.