iPad Air Worth $100 More Than iPad 4?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KeegM480, Jul 30, 2014.

1. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

So it's time to replace my iPad 2. The iPad Air is about $100 more than the iPad 4. Is it really worth the extra $100 to get the iPad Air?

I don't really care about the 64-bit processor and boosted speeds. I use it for basic web browsing, YouTube, and email.

So really I want to know if the narrowed edges, thinned design, and weight loss is enough reason to pay more.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

For me, it was worth it, because I take my iPad with me almost everywhere I go. If you don't take it out that often, the iPad 4 might be fine.

Another thing to consider is how long you plan to keep the iPad. To put it simplistically, the Air will last you a year longer than the 4. So for people planning to keep their iPad for more than 2 years, I'd suggest going with the Air.

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

It's definitely worth the extra $100 but honestly I would wait for the refresh. We don't know if Apple will replace the current Air with the iPad 4? If that were to happen you'd be looking at a $399 Air.

4. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

My iPad 2 is crashing 3 or 4 times a day (Like crashing into a reboot loop), it has something wrong with it, I even tried a couple different restores. Otherwise I would wait. I always recommend waiting this close but I just can't haha

5. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Since you're coming from an iPad 2, I'm guessing you plan on keeping whatever you get for a few years. In that case, I'd go with the Air. If you were planning on upgrading when the new one comes out, I'd go with the 4.

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yes, easily worth a hundred more bucks, IMO. I also came from an iPad 2 and the Air is a huge upgrade in just about every way possible.

7. Apple's macrumors newbie

Yes, definitely. The iPad Air is just so thin and light, i love that.

8. witeboy07 macrumors member

I came from android tablets. Specially the nexus 7 2013 edition. Had to upgrade because my daughter likes to take over. But not this one. Super awesome. Last ipad I had was the first one. You won't regret it.