Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Toucanet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Can You check if You Also have some microscopical cuts between the
chromium plating and the frame of the iPad like the one in this photo?

And, is your display a little bit too yellow compared to the one in the old gen iPad?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011 KB · Views: 210

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
So I have not to be concerned about?

I wouldn't but it's entirely up to you, for me it was more the effort required to try get it swapped out.

Besides I look at my iP5 now, had it 6 months without a cover and there is almost no paint on the corners of the bezel anymore. But then you won't carry your iPad around in your pocket so I wouldn't worry about it.
Unless it affects the screen itself you'll be fine.

Toucanet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
I wouldn't but it's entirely up to you, for me it was more the effort required to try get it swapped out.

Besides I look at my iP5 now, had it 6 months without a cover and there is almost no paint on the corners of the bezel anymore. But then you won't carry your iPad around in your pocket so I wouldn't worry about it.
Unless it affects the screen itself you'll be fine.

Thanks! So is it inevitabile that as the months passed these signs will be more And more, and it has no sense replace the iPad?

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
Thanks! So is it inevitabile that as the months passed these signs will be more And more, and it has no sense replace the iPad?

Well if you look after it it shouldn't get worse but if you aren't precious and don't mind scuffs on the bezel don't worry about it, my screen is still fine and that's the bit that counts

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
E

I returned 3 iPad Airs with a an overall yellow hue on the screen. I will probably try again later but for now am happier with my iPad 4 with a bright white screen. If I didn't have this perfect screen to compare it to, I probably would have kept the last one with lesser yellow and gotten used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.