iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by coachbrady79, Mar 27, 2016.

1. coachbrady79 macrumors member

for those who has the iPad Air (original) does it make sense for me to buy it now or should I buy a newer model I have a iPad mini 2 I am wanting something a little bigger, any thoughts would be great thanks !

2. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

I'd consider the IPad Air 2 for an upgrade. Google IPad Air vs Air 2 for a comparison of performance.

3. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Wait for the IPad Pro 2. The air is still a good tablet.

4. sflomenb, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016

sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I would do it. I am upgrading from and Air 1 to a Pro 9.7". We get all the features from the Air 2 as well as the new Pro features. I'd say it's worth it.

Edit: I think I may have misunderstood your post. You want to get the original Air? I wouldn't.

5. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

If you are asking if you should buy a first generation Air today, definitely consider the Air 2 or 9.7 Pro. I have a first gen Air, and it is still a great device, but I really want Touch ID, and the additional performance would be nice also.

I've preordered the 9.7 Pro, but you will see a pretty big upgrade in performance and experience with the Air 2, and save money over the Pro, if you don't want the additional features the Pro brings.

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Definitely don't get the original Air if you already have a mini 2. The only upgrade would be the size. Performance would be the same.

Go for at least the iPad Air 2 if you're going to get a new iPad.