Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rluvbeach

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
Boynton Beach, FL
my wife's iPad Air2 prints everything in a post card size format on our hp office jet 4620 Are there any settings in ios9 to change the size?

Our older iPads print very thing perfect, also using ios9.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
my wife's iPad Air2 prints everything in a post card size format on our hp office jet 4620 Are there any settings in ios9 to change the size?

Our older iPads print very thing perfect, also using ios9.
This confounds me.

Can you post what happens if, for example, you print this page? Do you see it letter size in the print preview dialogue? For me, for example, my options from Safari (for my HP printer) are page range, single or double sided and black and white or color, and the Safari page prints letter size.

rluvbeach

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
Boynton Beach, FL
This confounds me.

Can you post what happens if, for example, you print this page? Do you see it letter size in the print preview dialogue? For me, for example, my options from Safari (for my HP printer) are page range, single or double sided and black and white or color, and the Safari page prints letter size.
image.png
This is I see when trying to print. Everything comes out as a 4x6 photo. I don't see anywhere to change his print size. Thanks in advance for your help.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
After you select your printer it might give you a couple options.

IMG_6463.jpg IMG_2782.jpg

Mine seems to automatically know if I'm printing a page or a photo.

Have you tried changing the settings on your printer?

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
View attachment 603622 This is I see when trying to print. Everything comes out as a 4x6 photo. I don't see anywhere to change his print size. Thanks in advance for your help.
Well, your print options will differ depending on your printer and what app you're printing from.

Why the iPad Air 2 won't print letter size is beyond m, as that's what I have. All I can say is that my Air Print printers, an HP Envy 100 and now an HP Envy 5530, automatically print jpgs photo size and everything else letter size. Have you done the voodoo of rebooting your iPad? Have you updated the printer drivers?

FWIW, the 5530 is a dream of a printer. I do a LOT of printing at home with my iPad and rely on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.