iPad Alarms

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EthanNixon, Apr 2, 2016.

1. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

Hey guys,

On my iPad Pro 9.7", I went to the clock to add alarms throughout the week and saw a nice little grid layout to keep them organized. The question is, I cannot create an alarm any later than the next day. Is there any trick to this? Once I create one and long press to drag, it randomly drags to the day before.

Any help? Is this a bug/glitch?

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately alarms cannot be set more than 23 hours 59 minutes in advance, if I know I will need an alarm farther ahead than that my current solution is to set the alarm with a repeat on X day (say Monday if that's when I want it to go off) and add the label temp, plus a reminder for later that day to turn off or delete said alarm as appropriate. Not ideal, but it works.

3. EthanNixon thread starter macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

Oh, I'm not worried about creating alarms further in advanced, it would just be nice. It seems the way the app is laid out, it was meant to create all kinds of alarms wherever you needed them. It just seems like the app was never finished being coded. lol
    --- Post Merged, Apr 2, 2016 ---
    Oh, I'm not worried about creating alarms further in advanced, it would just be nice. It seems the way the app is laid out, it was meant to create all kinds of alarms wherever you needed them. It just seems like the app was never finished being coded. lol

4. JohnnyGo macrumors 6502a

You can create a Reminder for any date/time in the future

5. EthanNixon thread starter macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I wanted to set my alarms for my weekly schedule, as opposed to doing it the night before every day.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

So just create a repeating alarm.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You can also set up an event in your calendar.

8. jamesrick80 macrumors 68000

jamesrick80

The reason exactly why I don't set my alarm on my ipad pro. I set several alarms on my galaxy tab s2 because it quite frankly allows you to do it without that time limitation.

9. EthanNixon thread starter macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

Let me know how I can create a repeating alarm that consists of five different times. I don't work 9-5, I have a different start time almost every day.
    It literally just looks like an oversight in that application. Why would it have a grid layout if they didn't plan to let you create different alarms at different times?

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sounds like you have to create five different alarms. Why should that be a problem? If you set only one alarm, then you have to drag it to a different time every day, right? If you set five different alarms, you can do it all at once, then forget about it.

11. EthanNixon thread starter macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

You can't set an alarm for more than 24 hours out. You can't drag the alarm to the next day after creating it, only the day before. You can't do anything within the application besides create an alarm for the day before and have it plotted on the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet part of the application is literally broken.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As other posters have pointed out, if you want an "alarm" to just go off once on a particular day, use calendar or reminder app. The grid is there for setting repeating weekly alarms.

13. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Incorrect. Set Alarm time, under repeat select day you want it to go off. Create a new alarm and repeat the process.

14. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

This is exactly what I was thinking! It really is this simple.

15. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Create alarm for every day of week through the repeat option. Change each day's alarm according to that day's schedule depending on needs each weeks schedule. You can do this on any day, 7 days in advance at most. Solved.

16. EthanNixon thread starter macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

Thanks, I didn't see the repeat option! Now I can just move them based off my next weeks schedule.