iPad: all contacts blank and no notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by benmrii, Oct 14, 2011.

1. benmrii, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Would appreciate a hand if anyone has an idea or is familiar with these two issues. This is on my iPad. I have tried restarting it and completely restoring it, both to no avail.

Although they worked fine originally, my contacts, though listed on the left, are blank. No matter which contact I have selected, the right side simply lists the three options: "Create New Contact", "Add to Existing Contact" and "Share Contact". Refreshing or restarting the app (along with restarting and restoring the iPad) have not resolved this. Fortunately the information still appears when I access them via the iCloud web interface.

As for notifications, nothing works except for Reminders and Calendar, whether as banners or alerts. I've tried a myriad of settings combinations on 10+ apps, but none actually show up. Mail, Twitter, etc.

Thanks...

Edit: image of Contacts issue

[​IMG]

2. ijstokes macrumors newbie

Same problem with iPad 2

I'm encountering the same problem with an iPad2. I've "turned off" the contacts app (double click home button, then hold down app icon), and restarted my iPad, but no luck.