Ipad & Amazon Kindle

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by magiclaffs, May 21, 2010.

1. magiclaffs macrumors member

May 6, 2010
    I have Amazon kindle for my Iphone and downloaded the app to my Ipad. On the Ipad it told me I had to register the device. So...over to Amazon and it did have my Iphone registered but I got caught in some sort of loop. It seems that I have to de-register the Iphone, but if I do I can't use that account ever again (thus losing the books I have there). Can't I register the Ipad version too? Anyone with any experience of this?
  2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Mar 27, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    You should be able to register your iPhone and your iPad independently. That's what I did. I don't remember having any issues doing that. If you are, just call their support.
  3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2010
    When I first started the app on the iPad I just typed in my log in info and the device was registered. Why did you have to go to the Amazom web site?
  4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2010
    I am not sure I understand you correctly, but you can register and deregister the same device over and over again on the same account.

I have 3 kindles, 1 iPhone, 1 iPad, and 3 computers register on the same account with no problem.