iPad mini iPad and apple care + question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, Jan 14, 2014.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

We had an iPad suffer a shattered screen recently. The iPad has apple care + on it. When I took it in to be replaced, by accident, the genius rung it up as though I didn't have to pay anything. He said that maybe I wouldn't be charged the deductible. The receipt says IN WARRANTY. How can I find out if this counted as one of my two apple care + replacement for damage incidents?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

im guessing because you didn't pay it was one of your replacements

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

They charge for accidental replacements and not for ones that are in warranty due to defect.

4. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

5. blarivee macrumors 6502

Depending on which Genius you get, they do "one time courtesy" replacement. You lucked out.

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

The genius screwed up. You should have been charged and yes that charge would have registered as one of your two.

They won't do anything to you but whomever did it could be in for a world of hurt. Because since Apple Care Plus started there to be 'zero' exceptions on damaged items unless approved by a manager who is only to use it for extreme cases. Something like the one my BF had over the weekend for an iPad bought for a kids birthday which was dropped by his brother carrying it into the party place and thus damaged in the box before the kid got it. The parents had gotten apple care plus and were expecting to pay but the manger heard the story and did a CS as a gift.