iPad and available apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by cgm707, Jan 5, 2014.

1. cgm707 macrumors member

I don't get it. I look for reviews on apps for the ipad, read articles recommending an app for the ipad, but when I go to the App Store, none of the recommended apps appear available for the ipad.

For example, I am looking for a decent music player app. Articles recommend apps like iAlbum, Track 8, and several others, but they are not even available !

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

When was the article written? Apps get pulled all the time - it could be the developer who decided to abandon it (for many reasons) or Apple who felt that the application did not stick to their rules. In my experience, the best apps are usually on the top of the top charts list. They work well and overall app reviews are generally good in describing how the app works.

Also, it depends on what country you are in. I checked Track 8 and it says it is not available in the U.S.

What kind of music app are you looking for? I could shed some opinions - I own over 5k apps so might know which ones you're referring to.

3. cgm707 thread starter macrumors member

apps

Thanks for the detailed response and info! I didn't see that it wasn't available in the US, doh. I was looking for a music player for the iPad and a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. The default music players don't seem to offer a lot of whistles other than playing music. I was looking for an app that might offer more, such as rating songs, sorting, lyrics, etc.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

An app made for both isn't likely to be found easily, and I do not know of any as I do not use Android. Most of the music apps I know of are based around gesture control. Many of these focus on playing music while driving a car to reduce distraction - I think the one I used was car tunes player. There are others like Beat which may offer you what you're looking for, but I do not know of any that integrate lyrics into the app (unless your song has it from iTunes which you can access in the Music.app - many apps support this).