iPad and Dream Theater

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nickpocalypse, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Nickpocalypse macrumors regular

Hey all,

Not sure if many of you are Dream Theater fans, but here's a link to the video for On the Backs of Angels, the single from their latest album. In the beginning you can see Jordan Rudess, the keys player, performing the intro on Morphwiz, the app he designed for iPad. Over the entire album, you can hear Rudess using his iPad app for a large part of the album.

Pretty cool that professional artists like these guys are using this technology as a creative outlet. Do you guys know any other ways the iPad is being used in this industry, or others, in a cool way?

Linkosaurus

2. gregrose macrumors 6502

I'm a huge DT fan. Jordan Rudess their keyboardist uses his iPad a ton for their band & has created 2 music apps of his own. Samplewiz & morphwiz, I am a keyboardist myself & have the apps too. Starting to get my iPad more involved with my band's instrumentation it's been fun! DT are the best!

3. Nickpocalypse thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed. Very excited to meet him next Wednesday! Might even get him to sign my iPad :p

4. mariot macrumors member

Glad to see DT fans here! I did not however that they were so into their ipad lol. Makes me love mine more :)

5. M87 macrumors 65816

6. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Dream Theater is my favorite band! So exciting to see them embracing new technology

7. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure