iPad and Flash web sites

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Penny's Geek, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Penny's Geek macrumors member

Hi All. I have the chance of getting an iPad2 in the next couple of weeks but one thing concerns me. Is there any kind of workaround to allow flash sites to be seen on the iPad yet? I'm aware of HTML5 of course but not every site has optimized for that.

Thanks.
    PG

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Penny's Geek thread starter macrumors member

I wasn't planning on jailbreaking it. But, if that's the only way.......

What's involved in doing that? Doesn't that also violate the warranty though?

4. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

jailbreaking can violate your warranty. there are a number of browsers on the App Store that allows you to view flash content.

5. Kupp macrumors regular

I have used iSwifter to watch my distance learning lecture which are recorded in Flash on my ipad. It's not great for gaming, but works good enough for watching recorded lectures which are not the best video quality anyways.

6. Penny's Geek thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I was wondering about that. Any in particular better than another?

7. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You want Flash on your ipad?

Go to the app store and download Photon Web Browser. It's a tabbed web browser that only engages Flash when you want it to, by clicking on a lightening bolt at the top right of the page. This way your normal web browsing experience isn't slowed down waiting for servers to render your surfing all the time, like with other Flash browsers. Another nice feature is being able to change bandwidth setting between 1 and 5 to ensure perfect picture clarity when in Flash mode. And there is a neat little gamer keyboard for those that play those Zynga games like Farmville.

I use Photon to compliment Atomic Web Browser which is my normal browser instead of Safari. Photon is the only Flash browser i would recommend.

8. LaurieAnn macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

Does Photon 'phone home' and see the websites you're visiting?

9. xiMatt macrumors newbie

xiMatt

Actually, instead of jail breaking, there are apps in the App Store that are browsers for Flash. For example, I think one is called Skyfire.