All iPads iPad and Flip Phone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JOSE891, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

Sep 15, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I'm thinking about selling my 5S 64GB (I can get around 650 bones for it) and Buying a flip phone and buying a 4G iPad Air. Is it worth it?
  2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Jul 16, 2002
    For me? No. For you? I don't know you so how could I say what would work for you?

Personally, I have an iPhone because I need an "extra brain." My iPad just doesn't do that for me as it's not in my pocket, it's not even with me always like my iPhone is. A flip phone is as useful to me an an abacus since I use my phone heavily for email and to yell at me when I need to be reminded about something or important events on my calendar. Also a flip phone isn't going to give my sports scores when I ask it who won X game.
  3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Sep 16, 2010
    Ky Close to CinCinnati
    That would be interesting to do with a mini, it would be small enough to carry around and then just keep the flip phone for the few times I actually talk on the phone.
  4. colodane macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2012
    It will depend on how much you use a phone.

I don't need to make many calls and don't enjoy talking on phone, so for me it is a no-brainer. I have a very small LG flip phone with Verizon prepaid service. Great coverage, and my typical monthly expense for it is from $5 to $8.

I currently have an iPad 2 and a 5G iPod Touch. The iPod Touch is a great "substitute" for a smart phone when you have wifi available. The new Google + Hangouts allows you to easily place and receive phone calls on it with a Google Voice number. Works great. All this would also work well with an iPad Mini, but of course much larger.