iPad and iPhone 8 updated, but no Beta 2 update on my X

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by dsr2, Jun 19, 2018.

1. dsr2 macrumors regular

dsr2

Title says it all. My 8 and my iPad got the update, but my X shows no sign of the update.... Any ideas as to why?

Funny, my 8 has performed superbly on the 12 beta and my X has been abysmal. . If my 8 had a better battery life I’d switch over permanently to that phone.

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Do you have the beta profile installed?
    Do you have Automatic updates on?
    Have you tried Software Update manually?
    Have you done a restart?

3. dsr2 thread starter macrumors regular

dsr2

Had the beta profiled installed and the automatic update on. I ended up doing exactly what you suggested. Deleted the profile I had, went into my developer account and downloaded beta 2 for the phone and my watch. Seems like the update went smoothly. Updating my watch now. Just found it weird that that was the only hardware that didn’t update.

4. Solver macrumors 6502a

I find that if you install the wrong update profile on the iPhone then no updates will occur. In this case you need to remove all of the update profiles off the iPhone and restart. Then, reinstall the correct iPhone update profile onto the iPhone and restart. Is it possible that you had (also) installed the watch profile onto the iPhone?

5. dsr2 thread starter macrumors regular

dsr2

--- Post Merged, Jun 20, 2018 ---
    I thought I had the right profile installed (I had the same one installed on my 8). However, I deleted all my profiles and installed them from my developer account and both my X and watch updated perfectly!

6. RSmith2023 macrumors regular

RSmith2023

I had the same issue. Simply removing and reinstalling the profile did it for me. (I have a copy of the profile I pulled from my developer account stored in OneDrive so that I can pull it quickly without having to go back through the developer site.

7. Solver macrumors 6502a

It is not only about having the right profile installed. It is about what any update profile does one time internally right after a restart.