iPad and iPhone app selection?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by walpear8, Dec 16, 2011.

1. walpear8 macrumors newbie

So I'll be getting an iPad 2 soon and I'm wondering, do you put your same iPhone apps on your iPad, or do you buy special apps for the iPad?

2. danahn17 macrumors 6502

Both. Some apps are universal, meaning they can run on both iPhone and iPad. You pay for one, and you can run it on both devices.

Others are specific to the iPhone or iPad and will not run on the other device.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iPhone apps do run on the iPad, though they tend to look ugly, because the resolution is not made for the iPad screen. iPad-only apps don't run on iPhones, that's true.

4. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

For the apps that work on both devices, is it possible to not have them on both devices.

I have apps on my iPad I'd rather not have on my iPhone, and vise a versa.

5. danahn17 macrumors 6502

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. :) I think some of these iphone apps look better on the ipad than others though they're still far from ideal.

However, there are a handful of iphone apps that ONLY run on the iPhone (WhatsApp messenger for example). I had to Jailbreak my iPad to get that on my iPad.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, each device can be configured independently, so you can have whatever you want, on one device, and have a different set of apps on the other.