iPad and iPhone can't be on the same wifi?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WoodrowCall, Mar 19, 2011.

1. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Has anyone ever had a problem connecting to barnes and nobl wifi with both their iPad 2 and their iPhone 4? I was just trying to connect and I couldn't figure out why my iPad wouldn't connect, well, I turned the wifi on my phone off and it connected just fine. I looked and they didn't have the same ip address, what gives?

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Not sure about B&N, but I currently have an iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch (in addition to 2 PCs & a VoIP phone) all connected to the same wifi here at home. It sounds like some sort of limitation B&N may have implemented on their end or something.

3. guitardogcar macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sometimes the default setting is to limit the number of devices on the network.

Go to the advanced settings and check if you have this limitation. It is easy to change if you can log in to the router through the internet proxy that they provide in the manual. You will need a computer that is connected directly to the router though.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

gdc

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

My manager at Barnes and Noble has an iPad... and about 1/2 the regular customers have some form of iPad/iPhone, and not once did I ever hear a complaint from anyone about connecting to the wireless... I'd try clearing the DNS cache and trying again.