Ipad and iPhone on iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by stevesteve, Apr 17, 2012.

1. stevesteve macrumors newbie

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have just purchased an iMac, and running o/s Lion (i think i have that right?!?!?!). Everything going good, nice and easy, I have setup my iPad and got all the music and apps and everything off that and that is all fine.

I have now setup a 2nd User for my partners iPhone, however I can't get anything to transfer from the iPhone to the iMac.?!?!?!?!

We both use the same iTunes Email address, and I think basically the same iTunes account, however when I was on 'Windows' we could have 2 separate users, I would login as me and do what I wanted to do on my account, and my partner would do what she wanted to do on iTunes and they would never conflict, and they would both run separately.

Is this still possible??? have now been trying to talk to technical support but I don't think they understand what I'm trying to do.

Would be very thankful for your requests/help on this matter, and you will make me a very happy person!

Heres hoping

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

You probably want this:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2542

This will let you log on to the Mac as separate accounts, just like you did in Windows, and you can each organize your iTunes and sync preferences however you like.