iPad and iPhone stopped pushing mail

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Unconsoled, May 26, 2012.

1. Unconsoled macrumors regular

Was wondering if anyone else was having issues with their iPad and/or iPhone randomly stopping the email push. Two days ago sometime in the afternoon both my iOS devices stopped pushing mail. I didn't notice until I got on my MacBook and it said there were 11 unread mails. No notifications on the iOS devices. When I opened the mail app it downloaded them. No settings changed, everything is still set to push. I have tried deleting the accounts and starting over and also wiped and restored the iPad. Still not working. Web mail and MacBook still work fine. It is an iCloud account (.mac).

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I've had it stop randomly on my iPhone. I've never been able to figure it out.

3. Unconsoled thread starter macrumors regular

And it came back? So weird that it happened to the iphone and ipad at the same time. Both still doing it.

4. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

In your WiFi settings, tap your current wireless network (blue arrow) and then under 'DNS' add: 8.8.8.8

8.8.8.8 is a google public DNS, it fixes push problems most of the time. If you are doing any extremely high level security work, then then you don't want to be using this.

5. Unconsoled thread starter macrumors regular

Delete what is there and the add 8.8.8.8 or erase what is there and add 8.8.8.8?

6. b3thomso macrumors member

Is this solution for gmail accounts only or for any account like yahoo?

I have a yahoo mail push problem on my 4s also but not on my ipad. I always need to go into the mail app and fetch it manually. Its so annoying. And yes i have done all of the things to try to make it work. Then it works for a day and then it stops. I go my ipad and i have all these unread mail notifications that never showed on the iphone. I dont understand. Its the same freakin OS.

7. thesaint580 macrumors member