iPad and iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Raishi, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Raishi macrumors member

Hey guys I have an iPhone 4 and love it...

I use it as a small portable screen for videos when I'm working on the computer and such.

Data plan with ulimited social networking (FB twitter ect... unfortunetly I don't get skype unlimited)

anyways... Lucky ol' me won an ipad 2 from the local asian market store having a promotion ^^

But I'm at a loss as to if I should just sell the thing since I already have my phone.

Is there any other use to the ipad if the functions are the same? I spend quite a bit of time on my laptop but I don't think I can use my ipad for the kind of games I play.

Odds are I wont be getting a dataplan for the ipad (unless it happens to come with like some of their other prizes)

But at this point the real only thing I get out of it is I know I'll have 100% battery on my iphone when I leave my house.

any thoughts on this?

2. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Grats on the win. If you really use your laptop when you get home you should toss it on craigslist. Then sell your iPhone and with the combined money maybe get an iPhone 4S. You'll have three hundred bucks left over to test yourself to something nice.

3. Raishi thread starter macrumors member

That sounds like a pro idea but I don't really need a 4s

I live in Canada and Siri is supposedly lacking in functionality for us. xD

4. Raishi thread starter macrumors member

dunno if I'm allowed to do this but uhh... <.< >.>

Bump! >=D

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

Keep it! If you don't use it, sell it on in great condition.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I imagine people w/ and iPhone + iPad is as common as people who own a set of dishes with a salad plate and a dinner plate. The iPhone and iPad use the same OS but their uses are quite different owing to each's form factor. Here's my tale.

I love my iPhone - it's literally my 2nd brain. I use it mostly to waste time waiting in line, do some quick shopping research, figure out where the heck I am, sneak a peak at my email when I shouldn't (& hope I don't get caught!), or listen to music on a plane, and, of course, getting a quick answer for a bar bet.

OTOH I don't use my iPad for any of those things. My iPad is my go-to web surfer, casual gamer, ebook/mag reader, streaming video watcher, quick memo writer.

I also have a couple MBPs for when real work has to get done. But I've found I can get by with just the iPad if I'm only traveling for a day. Even though a laptop isn't that heavy it's still a PITA to travel w/ esp. for short trips. I love just dropping my iPad into my carry-on and going. It's one less burden.