iPad and Mac Book Pro Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ButtahNBred, Sep 8, 2013.

1. ButtahNBred macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just recently bought a Mac book pro and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I have an iPad and would like apps that would be great in terms of communicating between the two devices. For this who have both of these devices, what apps do you use?

2. Hrhnick macrumors member

1. iWork/iCloud, just works and keeps everything in sync.
    2. Dropbox, accessing files like pdf's and other stuff that wouldn't be in iWork
    3. Screens, or a similar full blown VNC app so I can remote control my Mac and access any Mac app from my iPad. I just noticed it has terrible reviews in the App store tho, most of them look spammy. If you read the reviews here or on tech sites its highly praised. RealVNC's app works great too.

----------

Also if you're into Plain Text, Notesy is great on the iPad and syncs via Dropbox to your computer so you can edit them in TextEdit or preferably an app like NValt.
    There are lots of iOS text editors that sync with Dropbox, I just find Notesy to be the fastest, most simple.

Plain Text is always going to be around is pretty universal.

3. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

SugarSync works great together and IMO is better than Dropbox. Evernote works well with both.

4. Hrhnick macrumors member

I like SugarSync too, its just that there are many more apps that support Dropbox for remote storage.

In the App Store, a search for SugarSync brings up 4 apps.
    A search for Dropbox brings up many, many more.