iPad and Movie Purchases

Discussion in 'iPad' started by A2DY, May 31, 2012.

1. A2DY macrumors member

I finally made the decision to start buying movies through itunes thinking it would be as simple as I have with music and some TV programmes and now have some problems,

I purchased a movie with my iPad, I never really intended to store it on there I just planned to download it to my laptop later and hopefully stream it on my ATV3, but for some reason it isn't showing under "purchased" on my iPad, iPhones or my iTunes on my laptop,

as its the first movie ive downloaded im not sure if thats normal? The second I purchased a TV programme it appeared on ll my devices instantly and could stream using the ATV3 but I cant find the movie anywhere....

is this normal?

----------

i may have just answered my own question but is what I am trying to do not even possible in the UK yet?

With iTunes match sorting my music (wherever I get it from) and my previous TV show downloads all streaming on ATV3 and downloading on multiple devices (up to 5) I presumed the same would be available with movies, if not its a waste of time me purchasing them as with having to have my computer and ATV on the entire time I would be better of paying half the price and getting the actual bluray!

(that'll teach me not to research more before buying!)

2. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Have you tried syncing your iPad to your computer using the usb cable ?

Connect the iPad to your computer, open iTunes.
    Select your iPad under devices, select Movies and check the one you want to transfer to your iPad. Then accept changes and sync.

This works for me, but I am in US, or maybe I didn't understand your question.

3. davwin macrumors regular

This is unfortunately still a licensing rights issue. Only a few studios support iTunes match movie downloads through the iTunes UK store. Most studios support this now in the US store but the UK is still lagging behind. As stated, just sync your iPad with your PC and it will transfer the movie to your machine as well as the license for it so your PC can then download updates for it or iTunes extras or whatever other content it has available.