iPad and Multiple Computers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rbaker, May 18, 2010.

1. rbaker macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

Can the iPad sync with two different computers? Long story short, I want to sync with my MacBook Pro laptop to take advantage of iCal and a few apps, but I keep my music and movies on my Mac Pro desk top. Can I sync with both of them?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

2. theone09 macrumors regular

i'd like to know too. anyone??

3. random person macrumors 6502a

Yes you can use more than one computer. First, go to preferences in iTunes on each computer and be sure to turn off automatic syncing for ipads etc. Then, plug iPad into your main computer. Set it to sync your calendar, etc. Then plug into second computer and manually select th music and movies etc that you want to load on the iPad.

What you don't want to do is enable syncing across both computeres -- just sync what you need from the main computer and then manually manage the rest. You can of course enealbe syncing on both but you will have to be careful that it is not trying to sync the same things!

4. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

In a word yes, but you can copy the songs from your iPad to the other computer, and before anyone says you can't, you can.

You go through the same steps that have been used on the iPod for years. You have to unhide the files and then you can transfer them.

5. ukyo229 Guest

6. rbaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Mr. Person, that's exactly what I needed to know...:D

7. rbaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm, is that possible?

8. ukyo229 Guest