iPad iPad and Nexus 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cfs, Apr 16, 2013.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new cell phone and although I would like to own an iPhone 5 it is out of my price range. Therefore, I have been researching the Nexus 4. I am currently an android user but want to upgrade and the Nexus 4 unlocked would work well with my pocket.

What I am wondering about however is video. I anybody a Mac and iPd user with Nexus 4? I there an issue with taking video, uploading to Dropbox, and then editing with a Mc or iPad?

Thanks in advance,

CFS

2. ouankou macrumors newbie

ouankou

I bought a Nexus4 recently, which is very good as a Android device. I can take a photo or video and automatically upload to Dropbox or somewhere else. Sharing service is powerful on android, just install Dropbox app and enable Camera Uploads feature.
    Also AirDroid app can wirelessly transfer files between phone and computer.

But I have to say, if doing it again, I will save the money for iPhone5. It's not Nexus4's fault, but Android's. The quality and appearance of apps is basically lower than that on iOS, such as different style and size of icons which looks a little chaos, and too much unnecessary stuff need to be worried about, such as cleaning memory, permission, trash files and complicated directories.

I think if budget is limited or you prefer to adjust every bit of the phone, Nexus4 is a good android device. Otherwise iPhone5 or cheaper 4S is much better.

3. Richal macrumors newbie

Except for the iOS apps, I think Nexus 4 is a better option which runs the timely pure and clean Android.You can customize the homescreen and get your personal one.

Speaking of taking photos,Nexus 4 performs good but not excellent. And seems the nokia lumia 920's camera is the best.

But just get a nexus 4 if you are not stick with iOS.

4. madgibbon macrumors regular

I own an iPad 4th Gen and Nexus 4. I have never had problems sharing files between the two devices. I switched from an iPhone 4s / Ipad 3 combo a few months back to a Galaxy S3 / Galaxy Note 10.1. I love Android phones but for me the iPad is still the best tablet. As much as I love Apple devices I wouldn't swap my Nexus 4 for an iPhone, manly because the screen is too small.

5. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks all,

I currently share brought Dropbox with my Android and have no issue with that for photos. Taking video was my main concern.

I am not concerned about the apps on the phone as I just use maps, Dropbox, Groupon and a few others I consider basics. I just need basic functionality and a nice unlocked phone.

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Look for some video reviews on YouTube. There are plenty of them about the Nexus 4. Some are better done than others, but if you watch a few, you should get a pretty good idea of what you're getting. Most reviews on the Nexus 4 are very good overall.

7. maxosx macrumors 68020

I have each of the Nexus products, 4, 7 & 10. In addition I have the iPad 4, mini, and iPhone 5.

The interoperability of these two platforms is very nice. I routinely share, edit, and handle all my video, picture, and data files between these two platforms. It's fun.

It's all a matter of taking the time to get the setup of apps assembled that you prefer. There are more than enough choices that one is not limited.

For years I've been a cross platform user / enthusiast, and this combo of Android and iOS works out great for me.