iPad and video storage/uploading

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ssledoux, May 10, 2016.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Not sure if I'm in the right forum, but since it's related to replacing my Mac completely with my iPad Pro, I'm hoping it's okay here.

My ONLY struggle with going to iOS only (iPP and iPhone) is the ability to do something with photos/videos. Once I have sorted and uploaded (to Shutterfly) the photos I currently have on my iMac, I should be okay because I can upload directly to Shutterfly from my phone (which is the only device I take pictures with anyway) then do prints, books, etc. as needed. My mentality at this point is, there is no reason to keep thousands upon thousands of digital images; they need to be put into books or prints, printed and then maybe just keep a few key ones in online storage in case anything ever happened to the printed ones.

My problem at this point is the videos - what are my options there? These are short, random videos of my grandchildren and I'd like to know just what to do with them. People on here are saying DVDs and USB storage devices will be obsolete, but I'm a little technically challenged and don't know what to do with all this stuff that's on my Mac right now. And then, if I don't have a Mac, how do I do anything with them from my iOS devices?

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I would suggest looking into some network attached storage such as the WD OwnCloud which will allow you to store these videos on your own hard drive connected to the network, and watch them on whichever device you like (I recommended WD as I'm familiar with it and it's app).

Alternatively you can pay for some iCloud space and store them and your photos there - it depends on what you want.