iPad and Windows experience?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jotto4, Apr 4, 2010.

1. jotto4 macrumors newbie

Huge apple fan, stockholder and default apple tech for all my friends. Have one friend who has a new windows 7 computer at home. Lots of questions about using ipad with windows computer. Since I don't own one and rarely touch a PC, maybe someone here can give tips, impressions etc... for using iPad with a windows PC.

Obviously, iTunes 9 is required. Beyond that, what is best way to sync photos?movies? Is there inexpensive/free solutions to keeping photos and movies organized on PC, while easily syncing to ipad?

Hotmail/live users. Do you have to buy windows mail app for iPhone? (mbox I think) is there ipad version in the works?

Calendars? What is PC equivelent to iCal?

Address book? Same question.

The Apple to Apple experience is seemless. Recommendations to approximate the same seemlessness for my (nontechnical) PC using friend?

Thx in advance

(tangent, but can't help myself: 1) AT&T/Apple can kiss my butt for not allowing my iphone 3gs to tether to my ipad or MBP - not an innovative way to integrate tech with daily lives 2) Apple, you are a US governed company, support freedom of speech and quit it with censoring your app environment...or open it up)

2. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

Images: you put them in a folder and point iTunes to it, you can divide the images by folders (waterfall,flowers,hot chick I want to date) and that is how they will show on the iPad.

Movies... Click and drag them to iTunes.

Hotmail: just set that up like any other email account, the iPod pulls the settings for pop hotmail

Calendar: I use outlook 2007, I think it works with windows live mail calendars

Contacts: outlook 2007 or windows address book which comes with windows.