iPad Android Clone : iRobot aPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Geoff., May 18, 2010.

1. Battlestar macrumors 6502

2. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Im not sure. There is a better version coming out soon with a 10 inch screen and 516 MB on ram.

But emm..

The aPad "iRobot" Droid Tablet PC w/ 7” touchscreen, WIFI, HD Movie Playback, Web Camera, Built-in Gmail Email Support GPS via Google Maps, Google Android 1.5 O/S, 3000mah Battery, USB Port, Card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack, 2gb DDR, 600MHz/ DSP CPU, One-Click YouTube Access, Photo & Music Flicker, G-sensor, Loud Speaker, Google Browser, MKV (H264HP), AVI, RM/RMVB (Mp5) FLV Video Support and MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, AAC, AC3, WAV support and JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF pic formats supported is one of the hottest Tablet PC / MID’s out that is competing with Apple’s iPad. It is just under $230 and has just as many features as the iPad but in a slim, compact 190.5 x 118.5, 14.7 (HWD), 332 gram casing.

M003 7 inch WIFI and Android OS, use as ebook reader, mini tablet pc, microphone and stereo speaker for skype out. Touch screen with icon or menu drag features and auto rotation. Broadband Internet access, 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi Google chrome lite browser. Email, Word, Exel, PPT, PDF. M003 Apad Supports Fring, SkypeOut, QQ, MSN, Gtalk.

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

With android 1.5 I doubt flash is supported. They are still having trouble with it in the upcoming 2.2 version. Still, I like seeing the competition. Anyone see a link for ordering on?

5. Battlestar macrumors 6502

How can they do all that for only $199.00? That is more than it cost Apple for components to build the iPad.

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It's not $199 anymore. $229 for the moment.

Start with a free OS that someone else developed.
    Use a smaller screen than the iPad.
    Offer it only in 2gb or 4gb models, and make the end user provide the rest on microSD.
    Not hard at all to get under $250. Archos has a similar offering for $199.

7. diabolic macrumors 68000

Watching the video, it isn't even in the same league as the iPad. I'd get an Archos before I'd get this random Chinese knockoff.

8. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

I think I smell a trademark infringement. I think somebody will be hearing from the estate of Isaac Asimov. I think it owns most of holds the rights of "i robot" and dervivatives "i, robot" and even "irobot". Looks interesting and for $230. That's one heck of a deal.

9. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

The box is bigger and thicker than the iPad box so that alone means it must be better. ;)

10. iWannaBeAdored macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

It's funny how android is always used in knock off devices.

11. diabolic macrumors 68000

iRobot is the company that makes Roomba robot vacuums. It doesn't look like the the same company here.

12. iPad Maniac macrumors newbie

This could be the true iPad killer. Better hide all of your iPads. Pretty soon people will be haning out in front of Apple Stores selling aPads on the sidewalk.

13. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Nice to see some cheap competition. But when you check out the actual specs you can see why. Android 1.5, 600 mhz processor, 128 RAM, low spec camera, very low onboard storage, no wireless n, no actual GPS chip, etc etc.

Also seems just on the wrong side on the size sweetspot - too small to surf well and too big to take with you everywhere. For portability you'd still get an iPhone and for everything else it still looks like the iPad stacks up.

Be interesting to see what the android 2.x tablets are like though.

For me the biggest problem with android at the moment is the confusion between what versions do what and what apps will run on which interation of firmware. When you have brand new devices running 1.5 being released right now, but with 2.1 already out for ages, then it could end up being one huge mess.

14. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Yes but they are bringing out a new version soon

''Display upgrade to 10-inches and an OS upgrade (to Eclair) to boot? Rocking a 1GHz Cortex A8 processor, 512MB of RAM, a 16GB flash drive, SD card slot, three USB 2.0 ports, headphone and mic jacks, Ethernet and HDMI ports, and WiFi''

15. TheXIIIth macrumors member

LoL!!
    This is the only tablet device that has my interest - at the moment
    http://www.notionink.in/adamoverview.php

16. diabolic macrumors 68000

But even then you still have a cheap Chinese knockoff with no support or warranty. Not even close to the iPad under any circumstances.

17. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

I guarantee you this thing will be a piece of crap.

18. John Paul macrumors member

So you're saying it was a bad idea for me to order two dozen of them so I can resell them for hundreds of dollars more each on ebay?!?

:p

19. PoisonScorpion macrumors member

I love android and it looked as if it ran smoothly. But the thing is butt-ugly.

20. kingjun2010 macrumors newbie

i think the 2.2 OS apad is really worth for money. and i just bought mine A8 from a china website[ecargoonline.com], the price was reasonable!:D

21. Amnak macrumors 6502

I named my iPad aPad because of my name this would be weird if they named an android tablet aPad... I know cool story right just wanted to share:D

22. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Fixed that for you.