IPAD app..artamata..

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Knifeccop, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Knifeccop macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I have designed an outdoor pack for hiking..and have taken pictures of it, but lack serious skills in drawing and sketching..I recently as of yesterday bought a Ipad and found an app which looks like it could help my lack of artistry skills..http://www.artamata.com/apps.html It allows the user to use photos and blueprint them..I need to make some changes before I send the pack prototype to the fabricator along with details explaining what I want and put the design into a pdf and email the company that is going to help in the design..I thought this app would be my solution..Will this work for what I am trying to do? or is there something (app) out there that will allow me to use a photo and then turn it into a sketch. The reviews are saying that it does not work so I am a skeptic.
    Thanks
    Kris

2. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Not to sound stupid, but I don't get the point of this post?

You are trying to doing something commercial in nature with non-commercial tools, a set up for a fail imo.

You should be looking at tools like Inkscape, GIMP or Pixelmator if you're on a tight budget or Adobe Suites if you have the money. Though with that said with the time/effort spent on learning the software you'd probably be better in the long term setting a relationship with a good designer.