iPad app for making tables/charts?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ero87, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey, anyone have a suggestion for an iPad for making tables/charts? I'm a med student and I need to make a lot of very simple tables (e.g. 3 columns: Drug name, Indications, Side Effects.) Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Other than Numbers?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

A Couple Of Others

Quickgraph, and Easychart...But Numbers should do the trick, even if its a little high end for your needs.

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Numbers does a lot more than I need to do; I'm just looking to make some study guides with barebones columns & rows. (I don't need to convert the tables to graphs).

5. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I normally don't like to but items that offer more functionality than I need, but when it comes to software, more is usually better. You may not need certain functionality now, but I bet you can find a use for it or you may need it in the future and then you end up spending more on separate items.

6. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Numbers, Pages or Keynote will make charts and tables for you. Perhaps you could use the added functionality of one those?

7. ero87, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Which do y'all think is best for creating simple tables? Pages, keynote, or numbers?

EDIT: Ok I went with Pages. Now if I download it onto my iPhone too (which I assume is free), will I see my iPad Pages documents there? (Thanks for all your help everyone).

8. ero87, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Ok so I see that it syncs with my iPhone - great! One more big question:

When I'm working in a Table on Pages, I want to hit Tab to go to the next cell. But it doesn't work! (Instead it inserts an "indent-style" tab). Any keyboard shortcut to go the next cell, using an external keyboard?

(Also, I can't see my iPad documents on my iPhone...)