iPad app for soccer highlights?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by adityashah1989, Apr 17, 2011.

1. adityashah1989 macrumors 6502

Dec 11, 2008
    Is there a good app/website to watch EPL, UCL and LaLiga highlights?
  2. ea9 macrumors regular

Mar 14, 2011
    Ifooty Free video subscription in app. Tsn if all you care about it English premier league. Let me know if you find something better
  3. adityashah1989 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 11, 2008
    iFooty is no good pal. I was looking something of the level of what Footytube gives to the desktop for my iPad. There is scope for something magical on the iPad for such an app.

Would appreciate some direction.
  4. bigwinnerx macrumors member

Mar 11, 2011
    It's not any of the leagues you mentioned, but, you said "soccer", so, I recommend the MLS app.

MLS flames away! My motto for the league is, "MLS - It's just all we have, ok?"

And I'm a fan! Union pride.
  5. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Nov 1, 2009
    Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
    Hey, we had Donovan at Everton for exactly 14 minutes, and I'd have him back in a jiffy.
  6. bigwinnerx macrumors member

Mar 11, 2011
    I try to follow the Yanks who make it over there. There was an ESPN special about his loan, looked like Everton took good care of him. He's the face of US soccer, that's for sure.
  7. adityashah1989 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 11, 2008
    The only reason I used the term 'soccer' was because I did not want people to start recommending apps for American football. And to answer your question I am not interested in MLS apps.
  8. jamesbond05 macrumors member

May 24, 2010
    I've been hoping for such an app but nothing so far. For la liga, serie a and bundesliga I use YouTube. For nice long epl highlights, I go to dailymotion.com and search, works on iPad. And for live soccer on the iPad I use veetle.com
  9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2008
    Ah, you should've just used a slogan from a few years ago: "Major League Soccer: It's right here." I have no idea who got paid to come up with such a "DUH! WINNING!" statement, but I wish it had been me.

The MLS app seems to be the second-best major sports app behind MLB. The NBA app is crap unless you spend money, and even then it's probably still annoying to navigate. The NFL and NASCAR are in bed with Sprint or whomever, so they don't even bother. Quite a shame that they hate money so much.

Anyway, don't know of any soccer apps outside of MLS.
  10. adityashah1989 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 11, 2008
    Beetle works on the iPad?! Did not know that. Is there a Veete app or do we just visit the website on Safari?

On the topic, someone like footytube need to come out with an app for football highlights.
  11. yoniar macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2012