iPad App Ideas?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by JASApplications, Aug 13, 2011.

1. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Has anyone got an App that they would really like to see on the iPad?

Thanks

2. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

A clock app (free or paid as I don't care) where the alarm can go off while the iPad is asleep and it gives a pop up message on the lock screen to snooze or slide to disable (like the iPhone). Currently I must swipe, enter password, then push a button.

Also, if I guess an "airsharing" style app that isn't overpriced and difficult to use.

I cant give away all my ideas as I'm learning so I can enter the ring as a developer too. :)

3. JASApplications thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for that :) Good luck. :)

4. wizee macrumors member

wizee

Timer+ in app store and free

5. JASApplications thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone else got any more ideas? My brain can't think of any more!

6. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

That's a timer app. Not a clock app. A clock that can be snoozed or disable the alarm from the lock screen. Like I said in my post above.

7. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

Here's my idea for an iPad app. It's a real-estate history app that uses the iPad's built-in GPS to determine exactly where you are at a given moment and will display the various history of the location you are at.

For example, if you are in a business like a McDonalds, the app will tell you what year the McDonalds was built, what businesses existed on the property before the McDonalds, what type of zone the building is in and how much the land is worth, per year/per square foot.

I can see the app being very useful for people looking to rent a business in a given area. They'll be able to see what nearby rental prices are, who's been there in the past, etc. Here's a mockup of what the app might look like.

[​IMG]

There's a full writeup of the app idea here on a website I designed for keeping track of the various app ideas I come up but don't know how to actually program: http://apprq.st/fINtoj

8. JASApplications thread starter macrumors 65816

9. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

us Docents at the Vietnam wall here in DC would love an app that helps us look up the names of the fallen faster than using the web site.

This is the database we use

http://www.virtualwall.org/

The group that runs the site have stated they would welcome an app using their database

10. dqfayi macrumors regular

I've been such experience as u, expecting for correct solutions.

11. JASApplications thread starter macrumors 65816

Reviving an old thread :D Anyone else got any cool iOS App ideas?

12. ethansamuel17 macrumors newbie

ethansamuel17

iPad App Ideas

Hello, there should be app which helps to prepare in examinations for all courses and syllabus of every standards and competitive exams.

13. dancj macrumors 6502

Not exactly an app idea, but after trying about 30 I can't find a single app that does finances the way I like to do them.

The things I want are:
    Different definable categories
    Be able to se a budget for each category each month (which may not be the same each month)
    Have those budgets roll over so if I overspend by £30 in a category one month it has £30 less the next.
    Enter transactions which are split across categories.
    Have the app tell me the balance of each category
    Have the ability to quickly tick off transactions that have cleared on by bank statement.

Loads of apps do some of these things, and all of these things are done by some apps, but I can't find a single app that can do all of these things.

14. Layth macrumors newbie

I would love to have an iPad app where I can create forms and then export them as fillable PDF files to send off and have filled out. I found one app that does the first part, FormConnect, but it does not the export as a dynamic PDF.

15. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

How about an "idea stimulator" app that allows your own brain to be more creative on its own without repeatedly asking forum members, all while contributing nothing to your own thread.

16. davidhood macrumors newbie

Here's an idea...

Don't reinvent the interface wheel (like all the other apps out there). Build on the Apple interface and create a app that works and looks like Apples "photos" or "Ibooks" but combines the two apps and adds functionality. Keep the Apple "feel".

Must keep the ability to view thumbnails like the Apple programs (nothing I've found does that)
    Add file management functions..delete, duplicate, move, etc
    Add ability to "open in" interchange features.
    Add FTP, evernote, and web storage support.
    Add some minor PDF editing function, maybe delete pages, or combine PDF, but leave the markup business to other existing programs.
    Add some minor photo editing - crop, rotate, adjust brightness, etc
    At the first phase I wouldn't add too much creative control. Mostly make it a viewing program.

Strangely, many of the apps I find seem to try and take the Apple "feel" and push it aside to implement the MS-DOS and Windows XP feel for file management.

----------

Here's other one for you...

How about a program launcher?

Since Apple won't let me see more than 20 programs per page, I'm constantly flipping back and forth. If I could control the icon spacing I could easily double that number.

How about an app that lets me launch other apps. Create and app that let's me control the icon size, position, sort order etc.

17. robgendreau macrumors 68040

A universal remote control for wifi cameras.

More and more cameras incorporate wifi. One way to use it is to beam photos, either after they're taken or as they're taken, to an iPad via LAN or a peer-to-peer connection. OK, but slow.

The more interesting use is to remote control the camera. This used to be the province of high-end DSLRs and tethered shooting apps (that's remote control of a camera, not blasting goats on a leash). Several companies have proprietary apps for this, but some (I'm talking to you Panasonic) look like they were slapped together as an afterthought.

I don't know if it's possible to create an app that could work with several brands of camera, but it would be great. Especially if it integrated nicely with photo editing and managing apps. The connection to the camera's controls might be inaccessible. But it's worth a look-see.

18. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

How about a good Remote Desktop app for mac (via iPad) that doesn't require a subscription.