Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monergy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Hello

I am a bit boggled right now as to what the best way to approach this situation would be?

I have a client who wants to create an iPad app but ultimately would like to password protect it to prevent unauthorized use and download.
In addition to this they also want to be able to control users access after they have downloaded it. If they need to turn off a particular user they want to be able to do that.

Is there a way to do this on a none web based application? (that's the big question)

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
Hello

I am a bit boggled right now as to what the best way to approach this situation would be?

I have a client who wants to create an iPad app but ultimately would like to password protect it to prevent unauthorized use and download.
In addition to this they also want to be able to control users access after they have downloaded it. If they need to turn off a particular user they want to be able to do that.

Is there a way to do this on a none web based application? (that's the big question)

Such an app would never be allowed in the App Store. You could run it via AdHoc distribution via an Enterprise Developer account.

Donny Jepp

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
Enterprise. Only select few can download it. If you're talking about preventing piracy on Installous, good luck. If Gameloft, Rovio, EA Games, Square Enix, Activision, Popcap, etc can't do it, what makes you think you can?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.