iPad App Request: EquationTyper

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by stofferdk, May 19, 2010.

1. stofferdk macrumors regular

Dear iPad developers, please take a moment to read my description of the requested app.

(the app I want is built in to Windows 7 btw)

Imagine the screen split in two in portrait mode. The lower half is drawing area, the upper half is product area. When I draw an equation in the lower, the app must recognize it, and output a beautiful equation as we know it from applications like MathType for Word and Pages.
    In the very upper right corner, there should be a "Quick-Mail" button. This should NOT open a new mail from mail app. This button must send the picture of the equation to a predefined email you define in settings. So you can receive it quickly on the mac.

Its a built in accessory in windows 7, and works remarkably well no matter how insane your equations get.

Thank you for listening

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

What would be the advantage of having this as a native app rather than just using Remote Desktop into your Windows 7 machine and doing it there?

Do you think it could somehow take advantage of the iPad's touch interface to manipulate the equations? (e.g. drag & drop the symbols to move them around)

3. stofferdk thread starter macrumors regular

I prefer working in OSX, as the only advantage in W7(bootcamp) for me is the equationtyper accessory.

And yeah, some drag/drop of symbols could be a cool feature... but basically I just need a clone of the W7 thing for iPad. Would be so useful,... damn I wish I had actually done some work when I had programming back in the days.

4. litchie macrumors regular

litchie

This is an app that lets you typeset equations, but not in a visual way:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tex-equation/id390366359?mt=8

5. skilgannonau macrumors newbie

Yes, this is almost exactly what I'm looking for as well. Something in the same vein as OmniGraphSketcher for Ipad but for equation typesetting instead of graphs/diagrams.