iPad App Store Buggy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bodhi395, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I've had my iPad 1 for about a year now, and the app store has not improved at all since then. Specifically, the top charts section is horribly buggy. It will load the top ten apps, and then there is a button for show more apps, and it will show ten more. However, almost every single time I push the show more apps button, it will not load. Almost every single time for over a year I have had to push the button twice to get it to work.

Is there anyone out there that can push that show more apps button and have it consistently work every time?

Also, when I have 30 or 40 apps showing in the top charts section, and then god forbid click on one, I can't go back without only the first 10 being loaded. Then I'm too frustrated to sit there and click on the buggy button to load more to get back to where I originally was.

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Works 100% for me (I had the original iPad as well as the iPad 2). Not sure why you are having issues but I don't see this at all.

3. Kyle Appleseed macrumors member

I'm bumping this cause I've had this problem since the 1st gen iPad also. I thought it was my Internet connection but it's regularly at 10-15 Mbps.

What kills me the most is having to reload the whole top charts when I tap an app to look at! So annoying and frustrating.

4. lazer310 macrumors member

I have the same issue with my iPad2. It's not all the time, but probably half of the time, I have to hit the "show more" button at least twice.
    A co worker of mine says he has the same issue from time to time.

The only time it bugs the crap out of me is, as mentioned above. You are 40 apps in, and then go back and it drops to the top 10.

5. Simbazz macrumors regular

Just thought I'd say I'm also finding these problems as well. So glad this thread has been bumped. I've got the original iPad.

Sometimes takes and age to show more, and like someone said previous if I click on say number 34, it takes me right back to the start of the top 10.

6. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Hi,

This I get the same problem when I click the show more button on the app store.

7. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

I noticed this too...but if you touch the Show More button and wait a second, it will usually load. The delay causes you to hit it twice, but you don't always have to. The fact that only 10 are loaded after clicking on an App does stink. I'm sure they'll fix it soon with the amazing popularity of iPad 2.

8. Pirahna macrumors newbie

Pirahna

Agreed, I hate this.

9. Skb3735 macrumors newbie

10. Smoothness macrumors regular

Add me to the list as well. Dumbest thing ever. If they fix just that one issue, App Store would be 100 times more easier. I wonder why noone at Apple fixed it yet? We cant be the only ones annoyed by it.

11. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Add me to the list. And also prior to 4.3.1 when I do updates the App Store always ask for a wrong account.

Oh, and this. Why on earth does Apple not allow me to browse all free apps on a single screen at once just like what iTunes on desktop can do? Of course it's because they want you to browse the paid apps too to compare, but well, I feel myself so dumb to be only able to view 10 free apps a time on a 9.7" screen when I REALLY want to get a free app.

12. qbricc macrumors member

Worse since update

I'm also having issues with the app store and iTunes. They crash or do unusual things and have got worse since updating to the latest software. I don't have the same issues with my mac or iPod.

It is getting to the point where I no longer use them on my iPad.

If apple want people to spend money in the app store then these bugs should be high on their list of things to do.

13. Gregh1981 macrumors newbie

So frustrating

I hate even TRYING to look through the app store!! It kills me!! I am having the same problems as everyone else, and the experience has not improved even slightly!

14. Stetrain macrumors 68040

My most frequently used part of the App Store is the Top Charts. Just because an app is there doesn't mean it's amazing, but it's a pretty good way to see a lot of good apps. I really hate the "Show more" button system though. Either it should auto-load when I get to a certain point, or it should be a paged system so it better remembers where I am, or at least if I don't end up back where I was I can remember that I was on page 4 and go back to it immediately.

I think part of the design problem is that they wanted to stick Top Grossing on that same page. If they moved that somewhere else, or did it like on the iPhone where there was a selection at the top for Free/Paid/Top Grossing, it would be much better.

15. mrboult macrumors 6502

mrboult

Yeah same problems here too, pretty lame on Apple's part really.